Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Think You're Gonna Miss Me....

I got really attached to Adrian Monk, the lead character in the TV series "Monk". The show was about an ex-cop turned detective when his obsessive compulsive disorder made it dangerous for him to continue as a uniformed officer. The show had a nice run and a lovely ongoing story. It ended really well. USA Network gave the show time to close the storyline. Randy Newman wrote the original theme song and he wrote this song to cap the series off.  It played one time during the last episode. I put it on my Mp3 player.


I thought it was nice that unlike so many TV shows these days, they actually gave us some closure. Because of that, I'll come back to Monk again and binge watch it. TV networks need to always give their shows a closing few episodes, especially nowadays when people binge-watch their favorite series'

Here's a little montage from the show with "When I'm Gone" sung by Randy Newman:



I shed serious tears during the final song. And I'm not ashamed.

Tom

2 comments:

  1. How strange. We seem to have so many things in common. My wife and I have been binge watching Monk for the last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in the middle of season 2, my wife and I. Just finished the one where the maids cleaned their crime scene. The bit where she turns the UV light on the room and he sees all the bodily fluids on the walls and bedspreads. My wife is a bit OCD and a clean freak. She's had to watch it through a few times before she's been able to see it as comedy. She corrects Monk when he does things like let Natalie set her purse on the kitchen counter without spraying it with disinfectant. She's beginning to get the humor though. I have to be careful not to laugh too hard.

    ReplyDelete