Wednesday, January 17, 2018

YMCA - Minions Style


My wife says I'm just a big kid. Listening to my Mp3 list is probably evidence of that. It tends to lean heavily toward Disney songs and old folk music suitable for kids. I'm a big romantic. I've got a dozen or so Doris Day songs, some things from Aladdin, Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Camelot and clips from Danny Kaye movies. This one I have no excuse for. I'm a six year old!




I just love these guys. I'll most likely post a whole bunch of these before it's over. Then there's this song from the wedding scene - "I Swear!"  It just brings tears to my eyes (I'm laughing so hard).



Tom







2 comments:

  1. Maybe it is an age thing, but I find myself singing the songs of my youth. Marty Robbins, old hymns, and TV theme songs. Possibly because most of the new music (I was going to put one of those two words in quotes, but can't decide which" has no detectable tune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's an age related thing so much as a "good taste" thing. I'm an English major and I have a bad habit of listening to the actual lyrics of songs and I've noticed that songs with lyrics I like, tend to be songs with a melody, a fairly simple arrangement and you can understand what they are saying. Disney is almost the only one left making musicals, although I hear there's one by someone else (The Greatest Showman) from Fox that came out over Christmas that's really good. At least old farts like me like it a lot. The critics of course hate it, but what do those fools know. They're all post-modernists anyway from the "$#!+ Happens" school of literary criticism and I've long since rejected post-modernism as the collective philosophy of the terminally suicidal. I watched the Emma Watson Disney version of "Beauty and the Beast" last night and found myself singing along with the captions. Plus there wasn't any cursing or nudity and nobody called me a racist. It was refreshing if historically inaccurate (but then who cares, it's fantasy and it's France)!

      Delete