Saturday, October 12, 2019

...and Sometimes No





This is another one of those songs that make me go for the handkerchief (albeit a manly bandana sort of one). I can remember heart searing prayers, that battered me to my knees before God, and finally realizing He had already said "No," despite my weeping. That's hard and a real test of faith for anyone. But you do manage to get through it knowing that it will all work out for good if t love God and are called according to His purpose*.

Jill Paquette's heart-rending song gets to me every time. Losing a baby brother to measles, losing a brother to a shooting accident when he was 16, all of that was tough. Losing Dad to murder by my stepmother was hard too. But doing CPR for 30 minutes all the time listening for the ambulance that came too late to help save my son. That was a moment I never want to relive. I'm sure I will face other tragedies. A son who has severe bipolar who in a manic break getting himself put in prison unjustly, job loss, my Sweet Baboo's own struggle with bipolar, job loss, financial disaster and homelessness - the devil has pounded us hard, but we still are standing.

Our faith holds - sometimes it's by our fingernails. Sometimes by less. But God is love and whatever happens in this life, it will work together for our good.

I am reminded of that popular poster of the kitten hanging from a rod with the caption "Hang in there Baby!"  Sound advice, especially when God says, "No."

Tom King (2019)
* Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment