Sunday, March 22, 2020

Copenhagen (not in Denmark)



I never really understood the romance behind snuff and/or chewin' tobacco. I suppose you have to have some sort of adversarial relationship with your own teeth to take up the habit for serious. I discovered this Robert Earl Keen song some years back. He and Lyle Lovett went to school together at A&M (I think) or some Texas school or other. They both came out of academia writing strange song. Lovett's "If I Had a Boat" has been featured on this blog before - a stranger song you've never heard even in country music. 

Anyway, it's about a funny incident involving, Copenhagen chewin' tobacco, a date with a girl to the movies, a Coca Cola cup, popcorn and and a terrible mistake. To wit, here's "Copenhagen" in all its stomach churning beauty!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment