Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Cool, Clear Water - A Song That Makes You Thirsty




Continuing along the contrasting voice theme, there's this little gem originally done by Sons of the Pioneers when Roy Rogers was with them. I love that version, but this version with Joni Mitchell teamed up with Willie Nelson is special. I don't think I've ever been disappointed with a duet by anyone with Willie Nelson.  Here's the Joni Mitchell / Willie Nelson version AND the Sons of the Pioneers rather different version with the smooth Western cowboy blend that they were famous for.

First: Joni and Willie



Next:  The Sons of the Pioneer



And here's a nice version by Riders in the Sky (we'll here another song by them later on)



I love the way everyone has their own take on the song.  I may just come up with my own version someday. If so, I will append it here.

2017 by Tom King


No comments:

Post a Comment