Saturday, May 20, 2017

...He Lifted Me Up



The first time I ever heard this song, it was my daughter and a friend who sang it. It made me want to get up and shout, "Hallelujah!" Instead of embarrassing my offspring, however, I instead got up to try to take a video of it with my cell phone camera. I only got part of it since I missed the beginning. They haven't got together since then to do the song for me, so I could get the whole thing on video.  So I'll have to settle for the original.

The relentlessly happy song talks about Jesus setting our feet on solid rock. For me, the song says something about my own life. The storms of life have repeatedly threatened to sweep me away, but throughout all that experience, it has been His great love that has kept me anchored to the Rock.

The song was originally sung by Southern gospel group, The Martins. It was their first number 1 hit on the gospel charts and they do it well.  Here's their version of Out of His Great Love:



1 comment:

  1. Apparently I like this one so much I've posted it twice.

    ReplyDelete